Rated 5 out of 5 by MagPi, this is the perfect On/Off Switch Add on Board for Raspberry Pi.
It is now available in Nanomesher store after a highly successful kickstarter campaign.
Hackable Pi Switch Cap Features
- Fully assembled ready to use
- Single button or Infrared (IR) remote On / Off operation
- Gracefully turn off Pi by triggering system shutdown, wait for system to be fully halted and cuts power
- Onboard Attiny85 Microprocessor can be removed and reprogrammed if needed
- Open Source for both Attiny software and Shutdown Script , which means you can adopt other remote controls.
- Raspberry Pi is not Included
New Features for Pi Switch Cap:
- Confirmed to work with latest Pi 3 B+ as well as older Raspberry Pis
- Directly plug onto the Pi. No jumper cable needed
- Infrared Remote signals of all buttons can be read from Pi. It’s LIRC compatible which means you can adopt other remote controls.
- Kodi & Volumio Control support!
- 1 x LED controllable via GPIO
- 3 x i2c ports
- Optional 0.96″ OLED Display (Resolution 128×64)
- Optional highly precised SENSIRION SHT31 temperature/humidity and BOSCH BMP180 pressure sensors (Weather Pack)
- Optional 3D Printed Case
- Choice between generic and multimedia Infrared Remote. Can also be purchased separately.