Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

No Sound with NanoSound CD using a Topping D10s DAC

Hi All,

I recently purchased a RPi4 and a Topping D10s external USB DAC.  I was able to set up Volumio (latest version 2.834) to play my music library from my external hard drive.  I was really happy about the the Nanosound CD plugin, so I connected my Sony external DVD drive (DRX-S70U-R) to my RPi4.  I installed the current NanoSound CD plugin (version 1.2.1), and I was able to control play back of the CD, view the track info and even use the eject function.  However, there is no sound coming from the D10s DAC to my amplifier when I use the NanoSound CD, but if I can still listen to my music if I play my music library.  I have also tried the advice from the other post to click on "Auto reconfig audio" and reboot.  However, I still have no sound when I use Nanosound CD.  On top of it, after I click "Auto reconfig audio", I start getting the error "Failed to open "alsa" [alsa];Failed to open ALSA device "hw:5,0": Invalid argument".  At this point, I would not able to even play my music library unless I format my SD card and reinstall Volumio.

Also, I have seen Nanomasher Support asking for the output of "cat /etc/asound.conf" and "aplay -l".  I supposed I need to enter those commands, but how can I get that in the Volumio environment.  Sorry, I'm really new to this, so hopefully I can get some help here.  Thanks in advance!

Mike

Looking for the best Letterkenny Quotes? Here you can get the best Letterkenny Quotes of all times. letterkenny quotes

Hi All,

I was able to install PuTTy on my PC and connect to my RPi4.  I also ran a few commands (cat /proc/asound/modules; cat /proc/asound/cards; aplay -l) that I found from other posts and took a screenshot with my results and hoping someone with the knowledge can help me out.  I also tried to take a look at the /etc/asound.conf.  However, when I ran the command sudo nano /etc/asound.conf and entered the password, it looks like the file has no content.  I took another screenshot below.  Is this result expected or am I doing it wrong?  If someone can point me to the right direction, I would really appreciated it.  Thank you so much!!

Mike

Uploaded files:
  • aplay.jpg
  • asound.jpg