Forum

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

DAC2 Custom Laser Case Cutout Guide

Hi @Nanomesher

I send an email to CS about helping me out on the front panel cutout guide, but they send me STL and SPK files which is 3D. I am using Inkscape as the tool to design the laser cut guide for the vendor to laser cut it. I am not being able to get the correct size of the holes using SketchUp (free ver).

Please. Can I get some help with this?

My plan is to house this in an aluminum(side)/acrylic(front) with VU meters and Spectrum. Additionally, there will be main power buttons and OP buttons for the spectrum in the housing too. See Housing

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1gb8qaPzuK1RjSspeq6ziHVXax.jpg

Let me share the housing and work in progress so you would understand (attached images).

Thanks in adv.

Uploaded files:
  • inkscape_72cgFk7Fnw.jpg

Hi very interesting project,  Would ai file helps?  It has all the dimension and it's in 2D.

Quote from nanomesher on February 18, 2020, 2:31 pm

Hi very interesting project,  Would ai file helps?  It has all the dimension and it's in 2D.

Thanks for the inspiration!

That would be fantastic 😀 AI file would really help.

I am still waiting for components to arrive, everything got delayed due to the virus outbreak.

The other components I am putting in this enclosure are

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1eNbsUmzqK1RjSZFjq6zlCFXaK.jpg?width=800&height=800&hash=1600

Indeed things are delayed due to outbreak!!  We will send you via email.

Looking forward to your finished product and also please let us know the technical detail!

Quote from nanomesher on February 19, 2020, 12:28 am

Indeed things are delayed due to outbreak!!  We will send you via email.

Looking forward to your finished product and also please let us know the technical detail!

I have received the file. I really appreciate the help. 😀 I will update this thread on the project progress.

That is very interesting! I look forward for the outcome.

Any update on this?

Quote from orion on April 5, 2020, 7:20 am

Any update on this?

Hi Orion, thanks so much for your interest .. right now I hit some bumps with the project

1. We are in severe lockdown due to covid-19 pandemic - only one of the item received, whereas another 4-5 times is stuck in the delivery
  2. I am facing a little bit of a problem to case the player itself, it seems like sometimes I need to access the player hardware directly (stability/crash/physical card pulling).
  3. Also, I might need to solder the RCA points due to little space for RCA placement within the case. This also a little scary because I don't have a backup board.
  4. Laser cutting services are all offline due to covid, I also could not gather other electrical components (wiring, RCA inlet points, etc)
  5. I was only able to collect the 12v power supply for the VU, I also need a step down from 12v to 5v for VU spectrum. The spectrum and VU units are still stuck in delivery due to airport and number of flight reductions.

There are two variations I am thinking of right now,

1. The original idea of placing the player inside
  2. Keep the player outside and keep the other elements in the case, in that way the VU+Digial Spectrum can be used with my turntable, CDP, and NanoPlayer

Let me know what do you think, sometimes few more heads are better than just one ^_^

PS: Stay safe everyone!

This Covid thing is affecting us all...

The reason I am asking is because I am strangling to find a nice case for the Pl4+Nanodac2. I like everything neat and in one place but as you discovered is not so easy. I was even thinking of mounting the DAC vertical to the Pi ...that might work for you there are some angled headers. I am not sure if it is recommended..

I guess it is better to have all items together to figure out how to place them

Keep up and stay safe

btw those guys have some really nice cases (https://kksb-cases.com/)  I have a couple for some other boards. I asked them if they can do a custom work for my pi and nanodac but the minimum order is 200 pieces ! I am not sure I need all those cases 🙂  But maybe nanomesher is interested? I promise I will buy!

🙂